Instagram was the 5th most popular social media platform in 2019, according to Digital Information World, Instagram is a platform that is proven to be a force with regard to having a marketable audience, particularly when it comes to visual marketing. Many companies have not only grown their businesses using Instagram, they’ve been able to thrive through the pandemic by connecting with their client base on Instagram. Companies like Mr. Fries Man, a Garden, California based restaurant, has seen no shortage of business during the pandemic, they’ve actually opened two additional franchise locations all during a time when business should slow by all estimations of what occurs during a pandemic.
Believe it or not, creating a marketing campaign isn’t difficult, but it does require some planning. Here are five tips for creating an effective Instagram marketing campaign:
1. Make sure your Instagram page is a Professional Account. Professional Accounts have the ability to promote posts. To convert your page to a Professional Account, use the following instruction:
2. Create appealing content. When creating content, be sure to use images and/or text-based content that is appealing to the eye. It is also a great idea to use video. Images used do not need to be taken by a professional photographer, however, if using your phone camera to take pictures, be sure your phone camera has at least 16 mega pixel capability. Images created must be original content and cannot violate Instagram’s Community Guidelines. For example, promoted images cannot contain tobacco or alcohol products; videos cannot contain curse words, etc. Videos are great because audio can be used. When applying audio to videos, be sure to cite the artist or audio source, or note that you do not own the rights to the sound or music. Failure to source sound can result in denial of your promoted post.
3. Add a call-to-action to the caption on your post. When creating a post, text should be short and concise, unless it is your forte to write long messages. Whether your preference, a call-to-action should always be included. Call to action is short instruction that requests your audience to follow you. Be sure to include your handle in this request.
4. Properly target your audience. When creating the promotion, be sure to properly target your audience by region, interests and demographics. Reaching the proper audience is important for your success. Targeting broad audiences is like shooting darts in the dark, you could possibly hit a target, but more than likely will miss.
5. Follow back and connect with your audience. People who like your posts may also follow you. It is perfectly okay to follow your followers back, in fact, they will appreciate it. Even better, engage with your audience by thanking them whenever necessary, liking their posts that you like and leaving positive comments on their posts. These are all good things you can do to connect with your audience.
While creating an Instagram marketing campaign is not difficult, it will require time to create the post, cultivate your audience and connect with your audience. The time it you will spend on building your Instagram audience be worth it in the long-run.